Monday, September 15, 2008

Changed Plans


On Saturday morning I was supposed to go to a writers' group with my cousin, who is also a writer. I got up early and went to the supermarket to do my week's shopping (I can't stand the crowds of a Saturday afternoon) and got through a few loads of washing before my cousin was due to pick me up at 9.15. It was warm, sunny and I felt on top of things.

Then plans changed. Car troubles meant that my cousin was unable to pick me up, and neither of us could go to the writers' meet. Strangely, though, I wasn't overly disappointed. I had wanted to go, had been looking forward to it, but now I had the whole morning to myself. And it was a beautiful day!

From about 10am until 6pm, when some friends arrived for pre-gig drinks, I sat in my shady backyard and read and wrote. It was lovely.

My change of plans coincided with a change in weather; and I was reminded that sometimes all one needs is a change.

Image by tofrg - I wish I could say this was an image of my backyard...

No comments:

Post a Comment