Friday, September 19, 2008

Filling in time

It's a Friday evening and I'm filling in time. I'm about to get on a bus to Canberra to visit my folks and I'm really looking forward to it. I love spending time with my family - I'm constantly amazed at how much more I appreciate them after living so far away from them.


But I'm also looking forward to the trip itself. I've got three hours to myself to write, read, stare off into space, listen to music. And when I get to the other end I'll no doubt stay up late with my parents and brothers talking and yawning. Tomorrow night we're going out f0r dinner to celebrate Mum's birthday, which was last weekend.

This little sojourn co-incides with the start of uni holidays. While I'm still working full time, I'm glad of the break. It will give me a bit more time at home, something I'll appreciate even more after a weekend away. And I'll have more time to write.




1 comment:

  1. I hope you are having a nice time with your family :) I am very jealous and wish i was visiting my own family. I certainly appreciate them so much living far from them.

    Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete