Thursday, September 10, 2009

I am a bad Monday Project organiser

Yep. I'm both late and incomplete. In fact, hardly even started. I do have an assignment and a new, unrelated short story to use as excuses, but I still feel like I should be a little more organised...

Anyway, I thought I'd share some of my ideas instead.

  • My first idea involved a small box used by a woman to put bits and pieces of happy things in her life into, saving them up for a rainy day. A wee bit corny, so that's where the idea stayed.
  • My second idea was similar to the above, but it was about a child collecting treasured things in a box and coming across them many years later by accident -- if anyone's seen the opening few scenes of Amelie, you'll know the kind of thing I was thinking of.
  • The third idea was similar to Mr Sketchy's, and involved a window, or, more specifically, the two windows in my room, which are such lovely boxes of sun for me.
So that's it, really. And unfortunately that's as far as I got. Hopefully I'll be able to share some bits and pieces of a new story I'm working on with you soon, so you actually believe that I was writing something else.

In other news, Pseudo Rhys and I went to life drawing this week (both drawing, neither modelling). It's been such a long time since I've sat down to draw. I was a bit creaky at first, a little hesitant with my HB pencil (where my graphites are, I do not know), but once I'd got warmed up it was as wonderful as I remember. If I get around to scanning or taking any pictures of my efforts, I'll be sure to share them here.

I'm off to Canberra for the weekend for my Mum's birthday, and hopefully to have a look at Floriade. Hopefully I'll have some pictures to share when I get back.

Thanks to everyone who played along this month! We've got a new theme to go up soon, and some exciting news about something we're up to in Melbourne on 19/20 September. More details soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sophie, I ended up running out of time this month but the concept I was thinking of was sort of along similar lines to your first one, kind of like boxes of sun being nice gestures that are passed from person to person, but I didn't get around to actually putting anything on paper :( Glad that you and Rhys and getting to go on adventures :) Ben.

    ReplyDelete