Monday, July 7, 2008

My bicycle adventure

Yesterday my boyfriend and I borrowed some bikes and decided to go on a big ride, 20km all the way to my work. And back. Up and down hills. Quite a feat in my opinion considering I havent ridden a bike in about 12 years, and even then it was only up and down the driveway. It was so beautiful, most of the way along the river through lovely green parks. I feel so lucky to live where I live!

I am so sore today, and it probably didnt help that I wasn't told until over half way that if you lift yourself OFF the seat going over the bumps that it hurts a lot less. I can hardly sit.

None the less it was a whole lot of fun and eventually I made it all the way home. I'm going to buy a bike, and then I will be as awesome as this girl. Girls on old bikes in dresses always look so cool.


(Image via Lost in the Absurd)

2 comments:

  1. hi kate, thanks for the comment. your blog is very lovely too. How did you find me? I'll definitely visit again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for getting out and about. I wished I looked as glamorous as your picture while cycling. So much better than lycra (which avoid like the plague by the way)
    Know how you feel re the sore bum. I went from Mt Evelyn to Warburton with friends and only made it half way back - the fellas had to get back to the cars and rescue us the the local pub. In our defense it was a 60 km round trip.
    ooowwwwww...

    ReplyDelete