Saturday, March 28, 2009

Tears

I usually write about sad things. Until today I had never really felt like I was greatly affected by that sadness.

Today I was doing some research for one of my stories and I cried. I cried solidly for about five minutes; tears dripped off my chin.

I'm not sure if it is a good thing or a bad thing that I had such a violent reaction to what I'm writing about. I guess it means that I will write with empathy and passion; but maybe I will be too close to this writing. Maybe I won't be able to make sense of the topic enough to write coherently about it. Maybe it will just come off as soppy, emotional crap.

This is new to me; I'm very confused about it.

Sorry about the lack of pictures in my last few posts. I don't seem to be able to find or take anything appropriate.

1 comment:

  1. I understand what you mean as I had that experience before. The emotion was so strong that I had to stop working on the piece until I could handle it. But otherwise, I'll try my best to keep going. Sometimes that kind of raw emotion gives the story extra fuel and depth. There's always the editing process which would help you to decide if the story is still working as you want.

    I'm sure you knew all about these and I'm just repeating what you've always known.

    Good luck!

    P.S. Don't worry about the pix, I had the same problem. ;)

    ReplyDelete