Monday, June 1, 2009

no No no no No

This month was a really tough one! Due to the short time, due to our laziness, I decided to give jewellery making a miss and was planning to do a bit of a mixed media kinda thing. When I was at school I did a lot of this kind of thing because I couldn't draw to save myself.

I started out by thinking about 'sadly, no', and when you would hear that, and that got me thinking situations where you REALLY want something and you can't have it, and the biggest thing in my life where I remember feeling like that is in a relationship that just wasn't working but I really wanted it to at the time.

So I was going to make a bit of an artwork about that, and I started making little pieces of words and colour and text that I intended to cut up and piece together, however I got a bit carried away and I liked the DOING so much that I ended up with this:


Check out other submissions as they are added over on the side bar!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kate, good take on the concept. When I look at it, it looks like all the no's are chasing the hearts away.

    I'll post mine once I get a chance to jump on the scanner at work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cool Kate. I love the slight disorder and randomness of the "no's"

    I really like it...

    ReplyDelete